Are you looking for a wholesome meal that’s high in protein and low in carbs? Look no further than our satay chicken bowl with cauli-rice. We also added some peanut butter for a kick of protein and healthy fats.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
½ cup peanut butter
½ tsp crushed garlic
¼ cup milk
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Juice and zest of 2 limes, plus extra, halved, to serve
Salt and black pepper
400g cauliflower rice
2 tbsp butter
4 marinated chicken sosaties
2 handfuls baby spinach
2 avocados, diced
2 spring onions, sliced
Parsley, to garnish
1. To make the satay sauce, place the peanut butter, garlic, milk, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and lime zest in a saucepan. Cook for 2–3 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add more milk for a thinner sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the cauliflower rice and a knob of butter in a pan over medium heat. Steam for 3 minutes, and then season well.
3. In a griddle pan over high heat, add the chicken sosaties, drizzle with lime juice and cook on each side for 3–4 minutes until cooked through.
4. Place the cauliflower rice, baby spinach and avocado in a bowl, and top with the chicken sosaties.
5. Serve with the satay sauce on the side (or you can drizzle over the chicken sosaties) and lime halves. Garnish generously with some fresh spring onions and parsley.