This isn’t your average late-night snack! We’ve added a punch for an extra-flavoursome movie snack. Introducing our salted caramel whisky popcorn!
MAKES 8 cups // COOKING TIME 45 min
½ cup melted butter
½ cup treacle sugar
¼ cup whisky
2 tsp sea salt flakes
8 cups popped popcorn
1. Preheat oven to 140°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Heat the butter and sugar in a pot over low heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add the whisky and salt.
4. Pour syrup over the popcorn immediately and mix thoroughly. Transfer the popcorn to the tray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir the popcorn, then bake for another 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before serving.