Salted caramel might just be the best dessert combo ever! The contrast of sweet and salty is divine, so why not treat your guests to a dessert they’ll never forget with this decadent salted caramel panna cotta?
MAKES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
300 ml cream
250 ml milk
2 tsp salt, plus to decorate
3 gelatin leaves
200 g sugar
2 tbsp water
1. Lightly grease 4 moulds.
2. Scald the cream and milk in a pot over medium heat. Add salt.
3. Place the gelatin leaves in ice water to sponge.
4. Meanwhile, boil sugar and 2 tbsp water in a pot over high heat until the sugar reaches a dark caramel colour.
5. Remove from the heat and add the warm cream and milk immediately. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Squeeze excess water from the gelatin. Add it, stirring until fully dissolved.
7. Pour the mixture into the moulds and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
8. Remove panna cottas from moulds by placing them in hot water for a few seconds before turning out.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli
Want to take your baking skills a step even further? Check out this decadent salted caramel and pear tart!