Craving something fancy? This gorgeous salmon and beetroot pasta is to die for. Plus it’s loaded with ingredients to help nourish your hair, skin and nails from the inside out!
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 1 hour, 20 min
2 large beetroots, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
200 g salmon
1 garlic clove, sliced
Rind of 3 lemons
Salt and black pepper
400 g tagliatelle
Flat-leaf parsley, to serve
Pumpkin seeds, toasted, to serve
Crème fraiche, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sauté the beetroot in 1 tbsp olive oil until soft. Spread out on a baking sheet.
3. Rub the salmon with olive oil and place on top of the beetroot. Scatter garlic and lemon peels over the salmon. Season and place in the oven for 20–25 minutes until the salmon is almost cooked.
4. Turn the heat up to 200°C. Flake the salmon over the top of the beetroot and place back in the oven for 20–30 minutes until the salmon edges turn crispy. In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
5. When the salmon and beetroot are done, toss the mixture through the cooked pasta, followed by parsley (reserve some for garnish) and pumpkin seeds.
6. Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and extra parsley.