Serve up this perfect spiced roast chicken with pears for your family with Supa Mama® Embossed Foil. It’s also the perfect dish to take centre stage on your Christmas table.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
5 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, grated
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
Zest of 1 orange
6 pears, halved
¼ cup white wine
2 tbsp flour
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel to ensure a crisp skin once cooked. Place in a roasting tray.
3. Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, nutmeg, allspice and orange zest. Season well. Pour over the chicken and rub into the skin.
4. Arrange the pears around the chicken and scatter the sage on top.
5. Cover with Supa Mama® Embossed Foil and roast for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and set it aside. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C and roast for another 30 minutes, until cooked through and the skin is crisp. Pour out the pan juices and set aside.
7. Re-cover with foil to keep warm until ready to serve.
8. Make a gravy by pouring the pan juices into a small pot. Add the wine and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the flour and continue simmering, whisking continuously, until thickened.
9. Sprinkle some sea salt flakes on the chicken and serve hot with white wine gravy.