We just can’t get enough of the savoury dessert trend, and we have a cracker for you today! Impress your guests and serve up this summery rosemary-infused yoghurt mousse with strawberries and basil.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 30 min, plus setting time
3 cups double-cream yoghurt
2 tsp gelatin
⅔ cup sugar
2 tbsp rosemary leaves
1 cup whipped cream
¼ tsp salt
A few basil leaves, finely sliced
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1. Line a sieve with a clean dish towel or a new, well-rinsed kitchen wipe. Place the sieve over a bowl and pour in the yoghurt. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to drain.
2. Place 90 ml water in a small bowl, add the gelatin and allow to sponge for about 5 minutes.
3. Put the drained yoghurt in a large mixing bowl and whisk it for a few minutes, until fluffed up. Set aside.
4. Place the sugar and rosemary in a food processor and blitz until it is powdered. Place the whipped cream in a clean glass bowl. Add the sugar bit by bit, beating, until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
5. Heat the gelatin in the microwave for about 20 seconds, until just melted (don’t allow it to boil). Pour over the yoghurt and whisk it in thoroughly. Gently fold in the whipped cream until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into six glasses. Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours, until set. Serve topped with basil and strawberries.