Whip up this gorgeously colourful, robot pepper tart the next time you’re entertaining and your guests will stop in their tracks.
500 g puff pastry
2 red peppers, 2 yellow peppers, 2 green peppers, all seeded and quartered
1½ tbsp thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to garnish
2 garlic cloves, split
Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt and pepper
100 g goat’s-milk cheese
50 ml cream
1 egg, beaten
1. Roll out the pastry and place on a baking tray. Score a 4 cm border around the edge (not all the way through). Place in the fridge to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place peppers, 1 tbsp thyme and garlic on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season. Roast for 30 minutes, or until peppers are cooked through and browned around the edges. Remove from oven.
3. Whisk the cheese, cream and 1/2 tsp thyme leaves together to make a smooth paste.
4. Brush the pastry border with egg and bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed up and cooked through. Spread the cheese mixture within the scored border. Top with roast peppers, drizzle with oil, season, and pop back in the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with sprigs of thyme and serve.
Time for rice to take centre stage on your plate. Start with these rice and red kidney bean burgers with cucumber-garlic yoghurt!