Something fresh and light for spring, this roasted tomato risotto is a delicious celebration of bountiful tomatoes paired with Galbani Fresh Mozzarella!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 10 min
2 cups baby tomatoes
1 cup vine tomatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
50 g sachet tomato paste
1 cup tomato juice
4 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
1 ball Galbani Fresh Mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Toss the baby and vine tomatoes with 1 tbsp of the oil and the salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, until soft. Crush the baby tomatoes with a fork and set the vine tomatoes aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes, until soft.
4. Add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes, then pour over the wine. Cook, stirring continuously until it has all been absorbed, about 2 minutes.
5. Whisk together the tomato paste, tomato juice and ½ cup chicken stock. Add it to the rice and cook, stirring, until absorbed.
6. Add the rest of the stock, ¾ cup at a time, making sure it is all absorbed before adding the next batch, until the rice is al dente, about 25 minutes.
7. Stir in the crushed baby tomatoes, butter, and Parmesan. Grate ¼ of the mozzarella and mix in. Heat for 2 minutes, until melted.
8. To serve, tear the remaining mozzarella and use it to top the tomato risotto along with the fresh basil and roasted vine tomatoes.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Jotham van Tonder // HMimages.co.za
For even more of this flavoursome goodness try this fresh tomato pasta with Galbani Fresh Mozzarella!