Mi Casa frontman and restauranteur J’Something shows us how to cook the ultimate roast leg of lamb for the whole family. It’s perfect for Sunday lunch! And if you want to see more of J’Something in action in our kitchen, click here.
SERVES 8 // COOKING TIME 2 hours
Handful thyme sprigs
Handful rosemary sprigs
Olive oil, to drizzle
1.5 kg leg of lamb
1 bulb garlic, peeled and separated into cloves
Coarse salt and black pepper
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Place thyme and rosemary in the centre of a deep roasting tin and drizzle with oil.
3. Pat the leg of lamb dry with a paper towel. Cut slits into the meat, about 4 cm apart, then place it on top of the herbs.
4. Insert the garlic cloves into the slits in the meat. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add coriander and cumin, rubbing them into the meat. Cover the tin tightly with foil.
5. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 180°C and roast for another 30 minutes, then remove foil and roast for a final 30 minutes.
6. Shred the lamb and serve with flatbread, salad and hummus.