Treat your guests to a full fine dining experience with this autumnal roast cauliflower with yoghurt, toasted almonds and mint.
SERVES 4–6 // COOKING TIME 50 min
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp butter
1 cup double-cream yoghurt
¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the cauliflower in a roasting tray. Drizzle with oil, and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Add the garlic, then cover the tray with foil. Roast for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the foil and spread the butter over the cauliflower. Use a spoon to scoop the oil from the tray and drizzle it over the cauliflower.
5. Turn up the oven to 220°C and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the cauliflower becomes golden brown and crisp all over on the outside.
6. Serve on a plate with a dollop of double cream yoghurt, fresh mint and a sprinkle of toasted almond flakes.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za