A light and meat-free soup is the perfect meal to take you from winter to spring! Whip up this yummy roast carrot soup with ginger and lemongrass for something fresh and new.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
500 g carrots, peeled and chopped
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
½ onion, peeled and chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 stalk lemon grass, sliced into 2 cm pieces
1 tbsp peeled and finely chopped ginger
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
700 ml vegetable stock
200 ml coconut milk
1 lime, juice
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place carrots on a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Roast for about 1 hour, until tender.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry onion, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, coriander and cumin for 3–5 minutes, until spices are fragrant and onion is soft.
4. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
5. Pick out lemon grass stalks and add roast carrots. Simmer for another 25–30 minutes, until carrots are very soft.
6. Add coconut milk. Remove soup from the heat and blend.
7. Season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Return to low heat until heated through.
Recipe, styling & photography: Anett Velsberg