Could it get any more decadent than this? A red velvet mousse is sure to be a showstopper at the dinner table, and get everyone’s attention!
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 3 hours 30 min
160 g white chocolate
340 ml cream
1½ (±2.5g) gelatin leaves
1 tbsp red food colouring
2 large egg whites
1. Place the chocolate and 115 ml cream in a glass bowl. Melt over a pot of water on medium heat, stirring until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
2. Fill a bowl with water and ice cubes. Place the gelatin leaves in the bowl, ensuring they that are covered. Leave them there until the chocolate mixture is completely cool. Then remove the gelatin and place in a bowl over a pot of hot water. Stir until the leaves have melted.
3. Add the gelatin and colouring to the chocolate.
4. Using an electric beater, mix the remaining cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
5. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into mixture. Be careful not to overmix.
6. Pour into jars or glasses and place in the fridge to set, about 3 hours.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli
Get more red velvet goodness with this red velvet cheesecake!