This isn’t any ordinary fudge! From the red velvet baking trend, we bring you these decadent red velvet fudge pieces that everyone can enjoy.
MAKES 10 // COOKING TIME 50 min
400 g caster sugar
2½ tbsp golden syrup
125 ml cream
200 ml milk
½ tsp salt
1 tsp red food colouring
1. Line and grease a 30 × 30 cm baking tin.
2. Mix all ingredients, except for the food colouring, in a pot. Cook over high heat for about 10 minutes. Brush down the sides with a wet pastry brush every few minutes to prevent sugar crystals forming.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Add the food colouring. Stir until the mixture becomes thick and comes away from the sides of the pot. Quickly scrape it into the prepared tin.
5. Leave to set in a cool spot or the fridge, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli
Want to try more red velvet treats? Make these red velvet doughnuts!