Want a quick, relatively-healthy snack for your kids or even your guests? Then this red pepper & baby marrow phyllo rolls recipe is for you!
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 15 min
3 red peppers
400 g phyllo
Melted butter, to brush
300 g baby marrows, ribboned and dried on paper towel
1 tbsp flour
½–¾ cup raw marinara sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200° C. Line a baking tray.
2. Roast the red peppers until they are charred on the outside. Place them in a zip-lock bag for 10 min to steam. Pinch off the skin, remove the seeds and slice into strips.
3. Layer 4 sheets of phyllo on the baking tray, brushing melted butter between each.
4. In a bowl, toss the red peppers, baby marrows, flour and marinara sauce together.
5. Arrange this filling in the centre of the phyllo and roll into a log. Brush with butter.
6. Bake for 20 min, until golden
Quick tip: Let the veggies simmer in the marinara for 10 mins, so the leftovers last longer in the fridge!
Care for another phyllo pastry dish? Then we have you covered with this delicious Kale spanakopita recipe!