Not only is bone broth a healthy source of nutrients, but it adds delicious flavour to winter dishes like this ravioli in bone-broth sauce with bacon.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
3 cups bone broth
1 tbsp soy sauce
500 g spinach and ricotta ravioli
2 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, sliced
½ red chilli, sliced
200 g packet bacon, chopped
½ cup rocket
1. Place the bone broth and soy sauce in a large pot and bring to the boil over medium heat.
2. Add the ravioli to the broth mixture and cook according to the package time. Drain, reserving the broth for later.
3. Heat the oil in a pan over medium. Once hot, add the ravioli and pan fry for 2 minutes a side. Remove and set aside.
4. Add the garlic and chilli to the pan. Fry for 1–2 minutes until the garlic is golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Finally, add the bacon and fry until crisp, about 8–10minutes. Return the garlic, chilli and ravioli to the pan and allow to heat through.
6. Divide the ravioli, garlic and bacon between bowls, reserving some bacon for the top.
7. Pour over the remaining bone broth, top with the extra bacon and garnish with rocket.
Recipe & styling: Kate Turner
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
If you’re really keen to see what a great impact bone broth can have on your digestive system, give our gut-healing bone broth a try.