Serve up this gorgeous raspberry lattice tart for Sunday lunch and the fam will be over the moon, we guarantee it!
MAKES 1 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 45 min
300 g raspberries
¾ cup sugar, plus extra to sprinkle
½ cup, plus 2 tbsp flour
⅔ cup whole, blanched almonds
6 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp almond essence
1 roll shortcrust pastry
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place 2 cups raspberries, ½ cup sugar and 2 tbsp flour in a pot. Simmer, stirring continuously, for about 5 minutes, until liquid from the berries thickens.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
4. Blend the almonds, ½ cup flour and ¼ cup sugar in a food processor until finely ground.
5. Add the butter and almond essence and blend until the mixture clumps.
6. Roll out half of the pastry to form a 3 mm thick circle.
7. Line a 28 cm loose-based flan tin with the pastry. Make sure to push the pastry into the corners. Prick the base with a fork a few times. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes, then trim excess pastry.
8. Line the base with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Blind-bake for 10 minutes. Then remove the beans and paper and bake for a further 10 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
9. Crumble over the almond mixture. Spread the raspberry filling over the almonds and add the remaining raspberries.
10. Roll out the rest of the pastry into another 3 mm thick circle. Slice the circle into strips and lay down a lattice pattern over the filled shell.
11. Sprinkle with extra sugar and bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.