If you’re worried about rolling into 2021, try sticking to the good carbs these holidays with our delicious pumpkin and sage cannelloni.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 35 min
800 g pumpkin, chopped and roasted
2 tbsp olive oil
6–10 sage leaves, plus extra to sprinkle
Salt and black pepper
2 wheels feta, plus extra to sprinkle
250 g cream cheese
2½ cups almond flour
3 tbsp psyllium husks
1 cup cream
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Toss the pumpkin with oil, sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 20–25 minutes, until soft in the middle with golden edges.
3. Lightly mash the pumpkin and feta together. Set aside.
4. Whisk the eggs and cream cheese together. Use a wooden spoon to mix in almond flour and psyllium husks. Leave to stiffen for 20 minutes.
5. Roll out the mixture into lasagne-shaped sheets.
6. Dollop a little bit of filling on to each sheet and roll up. Cut in half. Pack all the rolls into an ovenproof dish.
7. Pour over the cream and sprinkle with extra feta and sage. Bake for 35 minutes and serve your pumpkin and sage cannelloni hot.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
It wouldn’t be summer in SA without some sweet fruit on the menu. Try our Hawaiian-spiced chicken and mango on low-GI bread for extra flavourful, healthy snacks.