This pukka chicken yellow curry will bring shame to all the other curries you’ve made! So whats stopping you, grab a glass of red wine and get cooking!
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME 80 mins
2 onions, both peeled, 1 chopped
60 ml garlic-ginger-dhania paste
25 g tomato paste
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 chicken pieces
1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
400 g tin chickpeas
400 ml tin coconut milk
100 g baby corn
1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in ½ cup water
Salt and pepper
1 large handful coriander, chopped
125 ml plain yoghurt
Chilli, chopped, to serve
Spring onions, chopped, to serve
1. Blitz the unchopped onion, the garlic-ginger-dhania paste, tomato paste, curry powder and sugar to form a paste.
2. Heat oil in a pot and fry the chicken pieces until browned. Remove from the pot.
3. Add the chopped onion and yellow pepper to the pot and fry until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the pot. Add the curry paste, chickpeas, coconut milk, baby corn and the stock, ensuring the ingredients are covered in liquid. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Season to taste and add most of the coriander.
6. Serve the curry dotted with yoghurt, and scattered with the remaining chopped coriander, and the chilli and spring onions.
Step out of your comfort zone and get creative with Asian veggies, all filled to the brim with health boosting nutrients and a whole lot of flavour. So what are waiting for? Scoop up a healthy spoon our vegan green curry with crispy galangal!