You don’t have to reserve your fresh fruit solely for desserts and snacks. See how perfectly our balsamic and nectarine glaze compliments these juicy pork chops.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 40 min
1 tbsp chilli flakes
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp dried origanum
2 tbsp thyme
4 pork chops
3 nectarines, sliced
⅓ cup chopped feta
⅓ cup basil
1. Preheat oven to 250°C.
2. Whisk together the chilli flakes, vinegar, sugar, origanum and thyme.
3. Season the chops well. Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Brown the pork chops for 5 minutes on each side.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 8–10 minutes, until cooked through.
5. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, pour the balsamic mixture into the pan.
6. Remove from the heat and add the nectarines.
7. Transfer to the oven for 8 minutes, until the peaches are charred.
8. Top with feta and basil, and serve with the nectarines and the balsamic glaze from the pan drizzled on top.
Recipe & styling: Jezza-Rae Larsen
Photography: K-Leigh Siebritz // HMimages.co.za
If you loved the way fruit complimented this recipe, wait till you try our naartjie and ginger glazed ribs!