Still looking for a juicy feast to take centre stage at the Christmas dinner table? You and your guests won’t be able to resist this pork belly with roasted hazelnut and cranberry stuffing!
SERVES 6–8 (depending on the size of the pork belly) // COOKING TIME 3 hours 20 min
½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
10 g chopped thyme
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
1 apple, diced
50 g butter, melted
1 deboned piece of scored pork belly, measuring roughly 35 × 25 cm
1 tbsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Mix all the stuffing ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Spread the mixture along the centre of your pork belly, leaving a 2–3 cm gap on the ends (the stuffing will be pushed out to the edge when you start rolling).
4. Tie up the belly – start in the middle and then work outwards, with each tie being roughly 1.5 cm apart.
5. Before roasting, sprinkle salt all over the top of the belly.
6. Roast for about 2–2½ hours, until a golden crackling forms on the outside.
7. Allow the belly to rest for 30 minutes before carving.
Recipe & Styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli