Feel like some comfort food? Nothing does the trick quite like a big plate of pork bangers and mash. We gave it a bit of an upgrade with tomatoes, onions and fresh herbs.
SERVES 4 // COOK TIME 50 min
6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
½ cup warm milk
2 tbsp butter
Salt and black pepper
8 pork sausages
3 tbsp olive oil
100 g cherry tomatoes, chopped
½ red onion, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft, about 30 minutes.
2. Drain through a colander and pop back into the pot. Return to the heat and let all the extra water cook off, making sure they don’t burn.
3. Add the milk and butter. Season and mash well.
4. Fry the sausages in 1 tbsp oil until they are cooked through. Don’t overcrowd the pan.
5. To make the salsa, mix the tomatoes and onion. Season.
6. To make a gremolata, mix the parsley, lemon zest and the remaining olive oil. Season.
7. Serve the sausages on top of the mash with the salsa and gremolata.
Make the most of your favourite kitchen staple to enjoy this budget-friendly perfect pap with sausages and roasted grapes recipe!