The kids won’t be able to resist this no-bake pomegranate and chocolate fudge treat! Get them involved by letting them add the toppings.
MAKES 16 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 20 min
385 g tin condensed milk
250 g sugar
125 g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
250 g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Grease a 20 x 20 cm baking tray and set it aside.
2. Cut the pomegranate in half and tap out all the seeds with a wooden spoon.
3. Place the condensed milk, sugar, butter and syrup in a pot over medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 8–12 minutes until it reaches soft-ball stage. (Test the mixture by dropping a little bit of it into cold water. It should form a soft, pliable ball.)
4. Remove the fudge mixture from the heat and mix in the chopped chocolate.
5. Pour the fudge mixture into the baking tray and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the top, pressing down lightly.
6. Let the fudge set for 1 hour, then cut into squares.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Kendall-Leigh Nash // HMimages.co.za
For something much more decadent, bake our raspberry swirl cheesecake with winter fruit.