These polenta chips with prosciutto, Peppadew, Parmesan and rocket are making us reminisce summer and all those wonderful social memories!
SERVES 4–6 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
2 cups vegetable stock
2 cups full-cream milk
1½ cups instant polenta
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup Parmesan, shredded
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
Salt, to taste
½ cup olive oil
Rocket leaves, to serve
70 g prosciutto, to serve
½ cup Peppadew chutney, to serve
Parmesan shavings, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Line one baking tray with baking paper, and grease another.
3. In a pot over medium heat, bring stock and milk to a boil.
4. Whisk in polenta until smooth. Cook for another 8–10 minutes, and stir frequently.
5. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, Parmesan, thyme and salt.
6. Immediately transfer to the lined baking tray and smooth the surface.
7. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
8. Slice polenta into chunky rectangles and place on a greased baking sheet.
9. Coat the chips with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes. Flip over and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
10. To serve, place the polenta chips on a platter. Top each chip with rocket, prosciutto, Peppadew chutney and Parmesan shavings.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Make this key ingredient the theme for night and serve our lamb shank on soft polenta as your main.