A classic that’s pretty in pink! These pink peppercorn meringues are a sweet addition to all your party snacks – perfect for the festive season.
MAKES 20 // COOKING TIME 1 hour 40 min
60 g egg whites (±2 eggs)
½ tsp cream of tartar
60 g caster sugar
60 g icing sugar, sifted
¾ tsp pink peppercorns, crushed, plus to decorate
Pink food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 100°C and line a baking tray.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
3. Add caster sugar, 1 tsp at a time, ensuring it’s all dissolved before adding more. When the mixture is stiff and glossy and all the caster sugar is added, fold in the icing sugar, peppercorns and a drop of food colouring.
4. Place the mixture in a piping bag and pipe 20 meringues on to the baking tray. Sprinkle more peppercorns on top.
5. Bake for about 1 hour 30 min, until completely dried out.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli
Another favourite are these lemon meringue cupcakes!