Throwing out leftovers is a thing of the past! You’ll think twice before throwing out your wilted herbs once you’ve tried this Persian baked omelette.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
6 spring onions, finely sliced
1 cup parsley, chopped
2 cups chives, finely chopped
1 cup coriander, finely chopped
1 cup dill, finely chopped
¼ tsp turmeric
8 eggs, beaten
½ cup full-cream yoghurt
2 tbsp flour
¼ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
½ cup walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix together the spring onions, herbs and turmeric.
3. Whisk together the eggs, yoghurt and flour. Add this to the herb mixture and season. Then stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
4. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof pan over high heat. Add the mixture to the pan and immediately turn the heat down to medium.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, then transfer to the oven for 15 minutes.
6. This can be served immediately or cooled.
Recipe & styling: Elizabeth Mackenzie
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za
Keen to get in on being sustainable and grow your own herbs at home? Check out our basic herbs 101 guide!