Fun, easy, kid-friendly and totally scrumptious is what these Peppermint Crisp tart cones are! But they have to set, so plan ahead!
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME 1 hour 30 min
6 sugar cones
100 g dark chocolate, melted
2 cups cream
360 g tin caramel
150 g Peppermint Crisp, chopped
1. Dip the edges of the cones in the melted chocolate. Place them upside down to set.
2. Heat ⅓ cup cream (do not boil). Mix it with the remaining melted chocolate. Pour a little into the bottom of each cone, then place in the freezer for a few minutes to set.
3. Whip remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Divide between 2 bowls.
4. Place caramel in a separate bowl and whisk lightly to loosen. Set aside ¼ caramel for layering.
5. Fold ¾ caramel and ½ chopped Peppermint Crisp into 1 bowl of cream. Place in a piping bag.
6. Place other bowl of cream in another piping bag.
7. Fill the cones halfway with the Peppermint Crisp mixture, add a dollop of caramel, then fill all the way. Place in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour, but less than 24 hours (or they will be soggy).
8. Finish by topping each cone with remaining whipped cream and Peppermint Crisp.
Recipes & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen
Not a fan of spending long hours in the kitchen? Save time and energy with this no-churn cherry swirl ice cream – the perfect no-fuss dessert!