This delicious healthy peanut-butter, date and chocolate swirl fudge can be whipped up in minutes and left to freeze for the next day.
MAKES 24 // COOKING TIME 20 min + freezing overnight
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup sugar- and salt-free crunchy peanut butter, plus extra to swirl
1 tsp cinnamon, optional
½ cup coconut oil, slightly melted
3 tbsp cacao
2 tbsp chopped nuts, to serve, optional
1. Grease a 20 cm brownie pan and line it with greaseproof baking paper.
2. In a food processor, blend together the Medjool dates, peanut butter and cinnamon until smooth.
3. Mix together the coconut oil and cacao until it becomes the consistency of a paste. If the mixture is too runny, pop it in the fridge for a few minutes.
4. Put the date mixture into the brownie pan and swirl the chocolate and extra peanut butter through it, then place in the freezer overnight.
5. When ready to serve, garnish with chopped nuts, then cut into blocks.
6. Be sure to keep the fudge in the freezer if there are any leftovers.
Recipe & styling: Caro Alberts
Photography: Kendall-Leigh Nash // HMimages.co.za