Keep these yummy and healthy peanut butter clusters on hand and you will never have to worry about your sugar cravings again!
MAKES 2 cups // COOKING TIME 20 min
100 g white chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup xylitol or honey
½ cup butter or coconut oil
1 cup cake or wholewheat flour
1 cup puffed rice
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup salted peanuts
1. Line a baking tray.
2. Heat the chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second bursts until melted and smooth.
3. Spread out on the baking tray and cool until hardened. Break up into pieces.
4. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
5. Mix the xylitol or honey, Add the flour, mixing until fine crumbs form. Add puffed rice.
6. Spread out the mixture on the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
7. To assemble, toss together the puffed-rice clusters, chocolate pieces, cranberries and peanuts. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
These chocolatey nut-butter protein bites are another sweet and nutritious treat for you to try.