You will not believe how easy this peach tart is to prepare and it will look absolutely amazing on your table. Not to mention that fact that’s it’s truly delicious with its combo of peaches, winter spices, honey and vanilla.
SERVES 8 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
¾ cup caster sugar
½ cup honey
½ tsp vanilla essence
4–6 peaches, cut into wedges
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
80g puff pastry
Rose petals, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. In a large ovenproof pan, dissolve the sugar and 3 tbsp water over medium heat. Increase the heat to high and boil the syrup until golden and the bubbles on the surface blister slowly. Do not stir.
3. Add the honey, butter and vanilla essence. Remove from the heat. Stir to mix, then allow to cool slightly.
4. Arrange the peach wedges in the syrup. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Place the pastry on top and carefully tuck in the edges. Bake for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 160°C and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Cover the pan with a plate and carefully flip to turn out the tart. Garnish with petals.