All the scrumptious dessert is definitely the best part about any festive season. We’ve taken your standard trifle dish and added a few extra finishes to make it that much more tasty. Get ready for plenty of spoon-licking with this berry trifle!
SERVES 6-8 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
50 g flaked almonds
250 g mini Swiss rolls, each cut into 5 slices
180 g berry coulis
410 g tin peach slices
2 cups custard
250g strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 cup cream, whipped
100 g blueberries
1. Lightly toast the almonds in a dry pan until golden brown.
2. Arrange the Swiss roll slices to line the bottom and sides of a 20 cm diameter × 10 cm deep glass bowl.
3. Drizzle the Swiss roll with the coulis. Arrange the peach slices in a concentric circle on top of the Swiss roll, then pour the custard over it.
4. Arrange half the strawberries in a circle on top of the custard. Spoon the whipped cream over them, then arrange the rest of the strawberries and blueberries on top. Scatter over the almonds.
5. Chill the trifle for at least 30 minutes before serving.