Not sure what to do with your leftovers from Sunday lunch? Prep Monday’s lunch with these quick and easy cheesy paneer pockets!
MAKES 16 // COOKING TIME 35 min
For the paneer filling
250 g leftover paneer, crumbled
½ cup grated mozzarella
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp ground ginger
For the pockets
4 leftover rotis
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp water
1 egg, whisked
¼ cup sesame seeds
Vegetable oil, to fry
1. For the filling, combine all the ingredients.
2. Use a 10 cm biscuit cutter to cut rounds out of the rotis.
3. Mix flour and water to form a paste. Place 1 tbsp paneer filling in the centre of each roti round. Brush the edges with the flour paste and pinch closed to seal.
4. Brush each pocket with egg and coat in sesame seeds.
5. Fry until golden, then drain on paper towel. Serve warm with coriander-mint chutney.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Still have some paneer on the side? Use it to top this vegetarian mushroom burger.