Get the most out of winter fruits this season and make this delicious orange and butternut soup with blue-cheese crumble for a citrusy winter warmer!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 50 min
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, peeled and chopped
750 g butternut, peeled, seeded and diced
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 orange (½ zest + ¼ cup juice)
3 cups vegetable stock
½ cup thick cream + to serve
½ tsp cinnamon
Salt and black pepper
100 g blue cheese
1. Melt the butter in a pot and fry the onion until soft.
2. Add the butternut, potatoes, orange zest and juice, and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until veggies are soft, 30 minutes.
3. Transfer to a food processor and blitz until fairly smooth.
4. Return the soup to the pot and add the cream, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and heat through.
5. To serve the soup, crumble the blue cheese over it, add a swirl of cream and garnish with coriander.
Recipe & styling: Diane Heierli
Photography: Christoph Heierli