What’s for brekkies? Start your day with these quick-prep oat and banana English muffins for an easy office breakfast or lunch!
MAKES 8 // COOKING TIME 40 min
1 cup milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla essence
6 tbsp butter (melted and cooled), plus extra
2 ¾ cups of oat flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 banana, peeled and sliced
Handful toasted coconut chips
½ cup almond butter
Honey, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk the milk and apple cider vinegar together and allow to rest for 5–10 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla essence to the milk mixture. Then add the melted butter and whisk again.
4. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and sugar.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and fold gently. The mixture should form a dough.
6. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 3 cm thick. Cut out the English muffins using a 5 cm cookie cutter.
7. Place on baking paper and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Serve with blueberries, bananas, coconut and almond butter. Drizzle with honey.
Tip: Save costs by making your own oat flour for these oat and banana English muffins. Simply blend rolled oats you have in your pantry.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za