There’s nothing better than the smell of baked decadent goods wafting in from the kitchen! Spoil the fam this weekend with these delicious, sweet and gluten-free mini banoffee pies.
MAKES 12 // COOKING TIME 1 hour
100 g almond flour
¼ cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp chia seeds, soaked
1 tsp caster sugar or xylitol
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup caramel treat
2 small bananas, sliced
½ cup cream, whipped
3 squares 80% dark chocolate, grated
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a muffin tin.
2. Blitz both flours, chia seeds, sugar or xylitol, and salt together in a food processor. Add coconut oil and blitz until a soft dough forms.
3. Roll out the pastry to 2 cm thickness, then cut out 12 rounds (a little larger than the holes of your muffin tin). Press the pastry rounds into the muffin holes and pop in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Bake for 20–30 minutes until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool and harden.
5. Spoon the caramel into the pastry shells and top with banana and cream. Sprinkle over chocolate to serve.
Recipe & styling: HausHaus
Photography: Gareth van Nelson/HMimages.co.za