We are back with another Sunday lunch leftovers meal to die for! Whether you had a roast or a braai this weekend, use up any leftovers you have in our meaty nachos! And if you just want nachos, feel free to cook up some protein just for the sake of them.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
3 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow pepper, diced
400g tin Mexican-style tomatoes
400g tin kidney beans
1 cup leftover meat, chopped
1 cup grated cheddar
½ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
2 spring onions, sliced
1 tomato, diced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Fry the pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans and meat. Cook for 10 minutes, then season.
3. Place the nachos on an ovenproof platter, top with tomato mix, cheese and sour cream. Bake until the cheese is golden.
4. For guacamole, mash the avo with a squeeze of lime juice, salt and pepper.
5. For the salsa, mix the spring onions and tomato.
6. Serve nachos topped with guacamole, salsa, coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.