Grab a pack of ramen and dig into these delicious massaman noodles with Asian flair. It’s the perfect home-made dinner when you’re craving some takeout.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
400 g rice noodles
4 chicken breasts
3 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
2 tbsp massaman curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
5 cm ginger, thinly sliced
¼ cup peanuts, toasted
Handful coriander, to garnish
1. Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soften for 10 minutes.
2. Fry the chicken in the oil until brown. Add the onion and fry for a few more minutes. Add the curry paste and fry for another minute.
3. Gradually drizzle in the coconut milk and water, mixing continuously with a wooden spoon, until smooth.
4. Add the ginger and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Arrange the noodles in bowls and spoon over the massaman broth. Top with the peanuts and coriander.
Recipe & styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Samantha Pinto//HMimages.co.za