Did you know that you could make mac and cheese with instant noodles? We’re giving it a try this meat-free Monday. Introducing, our mac-noodles and cheese!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 40 min
4 packets mushroom-flavoured two-minute noodles
1½ cups milk
1 cup cream
3 tbsp flour
200g cheddar, grated
½ cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 20 × 20 cm ovenproof baking dish.
2. Boil the noodles with the mushroom seasoning in a large pot for about 2 minutes, until cooked. Drain, but don’t rinse. Set aside.
3. Whisk together milk, cream and flour in a bowl. Add half of the cheese.
4. Add in the noodles, then pour the mixture into the baking dish.
5. Mix the remaining cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the noodles.
6. Bake uncovered until the sauce bubbles and the cheese is golden, about 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Serve.