Want to take your cheese toasties to the next level? Then try this recipe inspired by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver with cheese on the outside of the bread too!
4 slices of white bread
4 tbsp softened butter
¼ cup grated Cheddar
¼ cup grated Gouda
1. Heat a pan over medium heat
2. Butter both sides of each slice of bread. Divide grated cheese between the 2 sandwiches, reserving some for later.
3. Place the sandwiches in the pan with a clean tin on top of each to weigh it down. Fry for 5 minutes, flip over, and fry for another 5 minutes, until toasted and golden. Remove from the pan.
4. Sprinkle the remaining cheese into the pan and heat it to melt and bubble. Return the toasties to the pan and move them around to collect the cheese.
5. After a few minutes, use a spatula to pick up the toasties and hold them still while the cheese crisps up and forms a crown. Enjoy immediately.
If you would like to add a little something else to this meal, try our Roast tomato and red pepper soup with gremolata, not only is it delicious it also keeps well!