A week night special! Whip up this tasty chicken linguine pasta dish. Call the fam – it’s time to tuck in! The leftovers are also perfect for lunch tomorrow.
SERVES 4–6 // COOKING TIME 45 min
2 chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 L chicken stock
4 thyme sprigs
Zest and juice of 1 lemon + zest to serve
300 g linguine
1 cup white wine (optional)
Parmesan, to serve
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pot and brown the chicken and garlic.
2. Add stock, thyme, and lemon zest and juice. Bring to a simmer. Once the chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes, remove it from the pot and allow to cool.
3. Bring the stock to the boil and add pasta and wine (if using). Cook for 8–10 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
4. Meanwhile, shred the chicken. Stir it through the cooked pasta.
5. Serve with a drizzle of oil, lemon zest and Parmesan.
Recipe & Styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto