This may sound (and look) super fancy, but you can get it on your table in under half an hour! This leek-wrapped fish is also budget-friendly and an amazing option to serve when you have guests over.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 30 min
1 lemon, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
±1 cup olive oil
2 large leeks, roots removed
400 g white fish (get the green listed options here)
2 tbsp flour
Salt and black pepper
1. Place the lemon and garlic in a pot. Add enough oil to just cover. Turn up the heat gradually over 10 minutes, then turn off and allow to cool.
2. Split the leeks into layers. Boil in a pot of water for 5 minutes.
3. Cut the fish into 5 cm squares and coat in flour, salt and pepper. Wrap each square in a leek layer.
4. Remove the confit lemons and reheat the lemon oil over high heat. Fry the fish parcels for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve the parcels with confit lemon, lemon oil and origanum.