This summery lavender Camembert terrine is a beautiful addition to any picnic. Serve with sliced baguette, fruit and preserves for a delicious spread.
SERVES 8 // COOKING TIME 30 min, plus 3 hours cooling time
2 wheels Camembert
1 cup cream
1 cup white wine
5 sprigs lavender, plus extra to serve
2 tsp agar-agar powder
Honey, to serve
1 baguette, to serve
1. Bring the Camembert, cream, wine and lavender to a simmer. Quickly whisk in the agar-agar, then immediately remove from the heat.
2. Blend the mixture until it is smooth, then pass through a sieve. Allow to cool.
3. Brush the bottom of a 30 cm cake tin with oil and line it with cling film, carefully smoothing out any wrinkles.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin. Refrigerate for 3 hours, until set.
5. To serve, loosen the cling film from the mould. Flip the terrine over on to a serving platter. Top with lavender and a drizzle of honey. Serve with the baguette.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Don’t forget to add this delicious meat lover’s cheese board to your spread too!