Our favourite musical chef is back again with another finger-licking recipe where he shows us just how creative you can get with a good bottle of stout in the kitchen.
SERVES 2-3 // COOKING TIME 105 mins, plus marinating time
800g rack pork ribs
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp sesame oil
½ can Castle Milk Stout
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic, grated
4 tbsp apricot chutney
2 tbsp tomato paste
1. Combine vegetable oil, sesame seed oil, Castle Milk Stout, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, chutney and tomato paste in a bowl to make the marinade and rub into the ribs.
2. Seal ribs and marinade in a plastic bag to marinade for as long as you can – remember the more it marinades, the better the flavour will be (marinate for a minimum of 3 hours).
3. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 220°C.
4. Wrap ribs in a double layer of foil and place on a roasting tray in the oven and cook for 50 minutes.
5. After 50 minutes, open up foil and grill ribs for another 20 minutes until they go sticky and brown.
6. Remove from oven and serve warm.