Life is all about keeping things in balance – including food. Try our yummy Indonesian sweet potato kebabs for a wholesome treat!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
½ cup peanuts
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking tray and line with foil.
2. Skewer the sweet potato cubes, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange kebabs on the tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roast for 30–40 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
4. Bring soy sauce, honey and 3 tbsp water to a simmer. Cook until thickened and sticky, about 10 minutes.
5. In a food processor, blend the peanuts to a fine crumb. Add the cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
6. Serve the kebabs with sticky sauce and peanut crumbs.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
For a savoury option, try these Indonesian spicy fried noodles.