You don’t need a fancy pizza oven to whip up something delicious. You can make our delectable pan pizza dough right on your stove top. Top it off with honey, ripe cheese and pears, and you have a vegetarian feast to write home about.
MAKES 1 // COOKING TIME 60 min
200g bread or pizza dough
Olive oil, to drizzle
¼ cup honey
2 pears, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 230°C and heat a griddle pan to smoking point. Flour a baking tray.
2. Roll out the dough into a circle 1 cm thick (about the size of the griddle pan). Drizzle with a little oil and place in the pan.
3. Cook the dough for about 3 minutes, until done on one side (taking care that it doesn’t burn). Then flip over and cook on the other side. Remove from the pan and place on the baking tray.
4. Heat 3 tbsp honey in a pan. Cook the pears on both sides (in batches, to avoid overcrowding) until caramelised.
5. Arrange the pear slices on the pizza base and crumble the Gorgonzola over it. Bake for 5–10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
6. Scatter the rocket over the pizza, drizzle with the remaining honey and season. Serve warm.