There’s nothing quite as comforting as a meal made from scratch. Spoil the fam with these home-made rotis and your favourite curry.
MAKES 8 // COOKING TIME 20 min
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
¾ cup water
150 g butter, chopped
Vegetable oil, to fry
1. Place flour, salt and water in a bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until dough comes together.
2. Turn out on to a well floured surface and knead until smooth. Divide into 8 balls.
3. Roll out each ball and stud with pieces of butter.
4. Roll each flattened ball into a sausage shape and then into a coil. Allow to rest for 2 hours.
5. On a floured surface, roll out each coil of dough into a circle.
6. Brush a non-stick pan with oil and place over medium heat. Cook rotis for 1 minute on each side, until the edges turn golden and a few darker spots appear.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
This dhania murgh from Vani Padayachee will be the perfect pairing for your rotis!