Winter is on it’s way, and that means it’s time to bring out the chicken soup! This home-made chicken noodle soup is filled with crucial vitamins and minerals to keep you feeling both healthy and satisfied.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 35 min
4 chicken breasts
1 large onion, chopped
1 leek, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
3 cups chicken stock
200 g baby carrots, halved
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 bay leaves
250 g rice- or egg noodles
1. Fry chicken breasts in a little oil for 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
2. Add onion and sauté until soft. Add leek and celery, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
3. Add stock, carrots, garlic and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add chicken breasts and noodles. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon. Allow to cool, then shred.
6. Ladle soup into bowls. Add shredded chicken, season and top with plenty of parsley.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za