With stone fruit season fast approaching, we’re already coming up with all sorts of amazing ways to cook with them. This recipe is perfect for when you are having people over, because let’s be honest, who can resist a rack of lamb ribs with a sticky sauce?
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 110 min
For the ribs
1 kg lamb ribs
20g rosemary, chopped
10g thyme, chopped
10g parsley, chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 lemon, zest and juice
60 ml olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
For the sauce
5 plums, quartered
1 onion, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp peeled and grated ginger
230g brown sugar
375 ml water
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 lemon, juice
2 tsp chilli flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the ribs on a baking tray.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients thoroughly, then spread the mixture over the meat.
3. Roast for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cover with foil, then cook for another hour. Meanwhile, place all the sauce ingredients in a pot.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes, until thick, then blitz with a hand blender.
5. Remove the ribs from the oven, cut into pieces and serve with the spicy plum sauce.