There’s never a wrong time to supplement your body with all the nutrients this gut-healing healthy bone broth has to offer!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 2 hours
1 kg beef bones
1 L cold water
2 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
2 onions, quartered
2 carrots, chopped
3 tbsp grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp miso paste
Bean sprouts, to serve
Chilli flakes, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Roast beef bones for 30 minutes.
2. Place bones in a large pot. Add cold water and vinegar.
3. Add onions, carrots, ginger, garlic and miso, and bring to the boil.
4. Turn down to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours. Every 20 minutes, skim off any impurities drifting at the top of the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle the broth into bowls. Top with sprouts and chilli.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Samantha Pinto // HMimages.co.za
Keen for a similar broth recipe? Make this meaty winter minestrone!