Sweet dreams are made of hasselback butternut with pecan and honey butter! Make this treat your new decadent side, or cook it over the braai.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 30 min
1 butternut, halved and seeded
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp butter
3 sprigs rosemary
⅓ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lay the butternut halves cut-sides down. With a sharp knife, make slices, about 3 mm apart, without cutting all the way through.
3. Heat the honey, butter and rosemary until melted.
4. Brush honey butter over the butternut halves, making sure it drips down between the slices. Reserve some for the nuts.
5. Wrap butternut halves in foil and braai until soft and golden.
6. Toss the pecans with the remaining honey butter, then sprinkle over the butternut.
Recipe & styling: Amerae Vercueil
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Opt for a dish with local flavour and try your hand and these Chakalaka rice stuffed butternuts.