If you want to go big for breakfast this weekend for a petty penny then you need garlic, hash browns, mushrooms and, of course, eggs.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 60 mins
1 garlic bulb
500g potatoes, peeled and grated
Salt and cracked black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
50g mushrooms, sliced
Parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Roast the whole bulb of garlic for 30 minutes, until the cloves are soft and golden. Squeeze the insides out of the skins and set aside.
3. Wring out the grated potato in a clean dish cloth to remove as much liquid as possible, then mix with the garlic and 1 egg. Season.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 patties. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry each patty, pressed flat, for 5 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove and set aside.
5. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and crack in the remaining 8 eggs. Arrange a few slices of mushroom in each egg, then cook until set. Season.
6. Serve the eggs on top of the hash browns and garnish with parsley.